Five months on from Oasis being incorporated and resourced by the University:
* who we think we are:
Oasis is a welcoming and enabling community, open to all, contributing to personal and communal spiritual enrichment while promoting mutual respect and understanding of diverse religious paths and cultural traditions.
and in a nutshell (but maybe a bit of a mouthful!):
Oasis – community and spirituality through hospitality.
* We have defined an Oasis Team – an inner core of the Oasis community who:
- want to contribute to realising the Oasis vision,
- are volunteers, working within the codes of practice of Volunteering Australia,
- want to develop new skills and understandings that enhance the quality of their service.
“Oasis is a welcoming… community…”
* we have identified elements we think combine to enact the “welcoming” Oasis offers:
* these elements are helping us identify some of our skill development needs
“Oasis is… an enabling community…”
* In the university and wider community we seek to enable by forming partnerships and collaborations, asking the question: ‘What do you need from Oasis?’
* We are replacing ‘meetings’ with meals, fostering the Oasis Hospitality Elements.